is proud to present: "SPEED NETWORKING"!
Meet your next client at "Speed Networking"!
Calling all Houston Vendors...Sharpen your elevator speech and join NARI Houston Remodelers and Contractors for an evening of "Speed Networking"! New products, new services, new partnerships? Sit down and talk individually with Remodelers and Contractors who believe in "People Helping People"!
Limited Availability! One-on-one facetime with Remodelers and Contractors!
When: March 18, 2014 from 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Where: Green Building Resource Center, 1002 Washington, Houston, 77002
Cost: Vendors: $200 per company
Deadline: March 10, 2014
RSVP with firstname.lastname@example.org, 713-621-6274, click upcoming
BYOB: Bring a bottle of your favorite wine or beverage and enjoy some appetizers while networking among the Green Building Resource Center Exhibits, then transition upstairs to begin the "Speed Networking" event!
Hosted by Steve Stelzer, Director of Green Building Resource Center,
Patti Bolli Nelson of
Thank you Food Sponsors:
Reliant Center: 28th Annual Texas Home & Garden Show
NARI Houston Chapter Booth #667
Thank You to the following Members for representing our Members at the NARI Booth:
Best Investment Siding and Windows -Terry Vaughan
Foundation Check- Steve Newberry
Tooleco - Doug Toole
Facelift Construction - James Auriemma
Home Improvement Resource Guide - Jim Wheeler
Sherrie Laird Consulting - Sherrie Laird
GREAT MARKETING OPPORTUNITY! Hope to see you in March at GRB!
VP Tradeshows: Terry Vaughan - 281-685-7433
SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH YOUR NEXT CLIENT!
Reliant Center Home Show:
Friday, February 7, 2014 from 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Saturday, February 8, 2014 from 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, February 9, 2014 from 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Jim Wheeler has secured another Home Show booth for NARI Houston Chapter, so contact
Terry Vaughan at email@example.com or 281-685-7433 for YOUR
time slot! FREE ENTRY for Booth Volunteers!
November 12, 2013 NARI Houston Chapter Monthly Networking Luncheon
You've Heard Him on the Radio, Now Meet Him in Person...Bryon Parffrey, Radio Talk Show Host, Author, Inspector, Educator!
"BUILD ENERGY-FFFREE HEALTHY HOMES" http://www.buildersacademy.com/
In this season of Thanksgiving, NARI Houston is grateful that Bryon Parffrey will share his concept of "Building Energy FFFREE Homes" at our November 12, 2013 Networking Luncheon!
Bryon Parffrey is an Author, Radio Talk Show Host, Inspector, and Educator! Don't miss Bryon's expert advice on how to incorporate Energy Efficiency into your next client's remodeling project!
Please join me in welcoming Bryon Parffrey to the NARI Houston Chapter's Networking Luncheon!
Thank you! Sherrie Laird
WHERE: Spaghetti Western Italian Cafe
1608 Shepherd Drive (just South of I-10)
Houston, TX 77007
WHEN: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
COST: $10.00 Door Charge + everyone purchases their own meal off menu ($7.95 - $14.95)
November 8, 2013 "Stand Tall - Make The Call"!
November is NARI Houston Membership Month! Bring your cell and your contact list to the Green Building Resource Center at 1002 Washington, Houston, 77002 and "Phone A Friend" who needs to join NARI Houston Chapter!
What: Membership Telethon
When: November 8, 2013 from 10:00 AM - NOON
Where: Green Building Resource Center, 1002 Washington,Houston, 77002
Inside the City of Houston Permitting Office Building
Hosted by Steve Stelzer, Director of Green Building Resource Center
and Caroline Kostak, VP NARI Houston Membership
October 29, 2013 Monthly Networking Luncheon:
Thank YOU, Steve Stelzer, Program Director of the City of Houston Green Building Resource Center, for taking the "scary" out of "Going Green"!
Did you know that you have a Resource Center available to point you in the right direction concerning green Remodeling and Building? Steve Stelzer AIA LEED AP, Program Director of the Green Building Resource Center, presented his insights and resources at the NARI Houston October Networking Luncheon! Steve talked to us about how to make the most of your Green Remodeling experiences by starting with the most cost effective changes and moving to more complex Green Ideas as your client's budget allows! Steve orchestrated the original Center implementing a LEED for Commercial Interiors Gold Certified renovation of a portion of the first floor of the 3300 Main Code Enforcement facility. In the Center, Steve offers green building strategies to plans brought in by the public, develops and maintains green strategy display and educational programs, and maintains codegreenhouston.org, the green building portal of the City of Houston. NARI has worked long and hard to create a Green Certification Program...are YOU Certified?
Thank you to ALL of our Attendees, for your patience and understanding with our logistical and technological challenges! Please join us Tuesday, November 12, 2013 for more great Italian food!
September 24, 2013 Monthly Networking Meeting:
"Things Change!" Houston Permitting and Planning Office Presentation
How to find information online...what new requirements do you need to understand before you apply for a permit?
NARI Houston Chapter was pleased to host a fantastic Presentation and Q & A Session with Lisa Brown
of the Houston Permitting Office, and Luis Villasana of the Planning Office. NARI greatly appreciates
Lisa and Luis Partnering with NARI Houston Chapter to find ways to work together more efficiently and effectively! NARI Houston looks forward to working with the Houston Permitting and Planning office
in 2014 as we will WELCOME Lisa and Luis back for future updates! Be sure to watch the 2014
Calendar so that YOU will be prepared for that "Final Inspection"!
Thank you to all of our attendees who came out to hear the Enforcement process and regulation changes from
these Houston Code Enforcement Experts!
Thank you to the following Attendees for joining me at Spaghetti Western Italian Cafe for the NARI
Houston Chapter's September Networking Luncheon:
SEPTEMBER 21 -22, 2013 BIGGEST SHOW OF THE FALL!
Reliant Center 18th Annual Texas Home and Garden Show
21 September 2013 Reliant Center 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
22 September 2013 Reliant Center 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Contact Terry Vaughan at 713-685-7433 or firstname.lastname@example.org or call
713-621-6274 for sign-up.
Come Support VP Tradeshows, Terry Vaughan! Calling ALL NARI Houston Chapter MEMBERS to Come Assist Terry in Representing NARI Houston! Come meet your next CLIENT at the Texas Home & Garden Show. GREAT opportunity to increase the visibility of your business in the industry! Volunteer to work in our Trade Show Booth! Email or call for registration.
August 27, 2013 Networking Luncheon
"Why Your Lack of Branding is Costing You Business!"
NARI National, Director of Marketing, Nikki Golden will be our Special Speaker.
It was a privilege to welcome Nikki Golden, Director of Marketing, from Chicago based NARI National for our annual update on the latest and greatest new ideas for increasing your Marketing ROI! Calling all Members and Prospective Members to come hear all of the latest Marketing Insight from the Director of Marketing who services the NARI Membership of approximately 7,000 Companies.
"Why your lack of branding is costing you business":
• What is branding?
• Low-cost/No cost efforts
• Using home shows to your advantage
• Reinforcing your brand
Thank you for joining me in welcoming Nikki Golden back to the Houston Area!
Dan Parsons, Thank you for entertaining and educating us!
July 30, 2013 Monthly Networking Meeting:
"Update on Houston Scams and Schemes!
Special Speaker: Dan Parsons
President BBB Houston
NARI Houston Chapter was entertained and educated on the latest and most alarming "scams and schemes", at our July 30, 2013 Networking Luncheon! We greatly appreciate Dan Parson's support of the NARI Houston Chapter and his commitment to the integrity of the Houston Better Business Bureau! Dan joined the Better Business Bureau of Greater Houston and South Texas in 1983 and was appointed President in 2002. With thirty (30) years experience and increasing responsibility in the BBB Houston Organization, Dan has seen and heard it all!
NARI Houston Chapter appreciates Dan's cooperation with the NARI Mission to "Improve the Image of the Remodeling Industry" in the Houston area. A special "Thank You", to Dan and his employees for their diligent work to protect and serve all businesses and consumers in the Greater Houston area! Check out their website enhancements at www.bbbhou.org!
If you were unable to attend, we hope to see you on August 27, 2013!
Saturday, June 22, 2013 BBVA Compass Dynamo Game Night
"GET IN THE GAME...the Soccer Game!"
NARI Houston Chapter had a FUN TIME with our Beverage Sponsors, NT Window and MASTIC, and 25,00 of our closest friends! Thank YOU Mike Chambers and Mark Walaszczyk for providing us with Cold Beverages on a Hot Night at DYNAMO Stadium!
For any of YOU who have not made it out to the new Green Build BBVA Compass DYNAMO Stadium, I highly recommend SECTION 212 Rows M - R! The Pep Band is at the opposite end of the Stadium, you are in the shade, and you have a Southwest Wind blowing in your face! It was a great time making new contacts and catching up with old friends!
Hot Time at the BBVA Compass Stadium Tour May 30, 2013!
Thank You to all of our Members who purchased Tickets to the Soccer Stadium Tour
yesterday! Thanks to the BBVA and DYNAMO employees who educated NARI Houston on the BBVA Compass Stadium LEED Construction and Green Management programs! NARI Houston Members also offered numerous ideas for ways in which the BBVA Stadium could improve it's "green" footprint on Downtown Houston.
FUTURE GAME TICKET INCLUDED IN PRICE OF THE TOUR!
CONGRATULATIONS 2013 CotY Award Winners:
NARI Houston joyously presented the following 2013 Contractor of the Year
Trophies to the following Members:
Bath Remodel under $30,000
Residential Exterior Specialty
Best Investments Siding & Windows
Exterior Less Than $100,000
Best Investments Siding & Windows
Congratulations to these NARI Members for documenting and submitting their
Outstanding Projects of 2013!
NARI Houston challenges ALL NARI Houston Members to start today, collecting your documentation for the 2014 CotY Awards!
NARI’s Certified Remodeling Project Manager (CRPM) Program
New Class begins Thursday, June 6, 2013
The Certified Remodeling Project Manager (CRPM) program addresses project cost management, communication, project planning, quality assurance, record keeping, and risk management.
Key Points Covered:
- You will learn a system of accurate recordkeeping and maintenance.
- You will learn to put your risks into perspective and provide comprehensive ways to avoid them.
- You will learn how to reduce those punch list items.
- You will learn a systematic set of tools and techniques to improve margins on any project.
- You will learn how to schedule, monitor, and adjust your project plan to fit your needs.
WHY? The CRPM will develop competencies and professionalize the project manager’s role in the remodeling industry. The CRPM course is a structured class of remodeling project management fundamentals and a prep course for CRPM Certification.
WHEN? Class will run for eight weeks for two hours; 5-7pm (CT) every Thursday beginning June 6th. This interactive class is online and via toll free teleconference.
HOW? Click on the link below to start the application process.
Any questions, please contact Cindy at 847-298-9200 or email: email@example.com
NARI sets 2013 legislative priorities
To help guide it in its lobbying efforts, each year NARI takes a look at the items impacting members as both small businesses as well as members of the remodeling community. From there, the Government Affairs Committee leadership, with the assistance of lobbyist Tom Sullivan, set the legislative agenda for the year.
The following are NARI's legislative priorities for 2013-2014:
- Industry regulation:This bucket covers such items as the Environmental Protection Agency's Lead Renovation, Repair & Painting Rule and the U.S. Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), which is expected to propose regulations this year to require employers to develop and implement plans to "find and fix" workplace hazards.
- Tax reform: Deficit reduction and federal spending issues will dominate congressional activity in 2013. Debate will include discussion of eliminating the home mortgage interest deduction and reducing corporate tax rates. NARI is working with the S-Corp Association and other small business groups to inform Congress about the importance of individual rates.
- Regulatory reform: Efforts will be made in the House and Senate to give small businesses a more powerful voice in the regulatory development process and to remove unnecessary regulatory barriers that stifle business growth and job creation.
- Workforce development: Workforce regulations that cover medical leave, unionization, overtime, employee benefits and discrimination often are crafted as one-size-fits-all approaches to problems at large corporations. However, 90% of NARI members have fewer than 20 employees, with the majority employing less than five. NARI will oppose legislation and regulatory efforts that remove flexibility from the employer/employee relationship and restrict the use of independent contractors.
- Small business programs: NARI will provide information and contacts to its members to help them utilize the tools and services of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). NARI will provide education to its members about other programs impacting their businesses, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Energy efficiency: NARI will support measures that recognize the value of home energy improvements to existing homes and will educate Congress on the Association's certification programs to ensure that energy-efficiency measures, contained in federal legislation, do not create additional or competing requirements that would place NARI members at a competitive disadvantage.
- Financing and access to credit: NARI customers are experiencing depressed home values and inability to secure home equity lines-of-credit or other financing. NARI is working with the National Association of Realtors (NAR), the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) and others to ensure regulators carefully consider how Dodd-Frank regulations impact the availability of credit.
To view the complete document of NARI's legislative priorities You can find updates on NARI Government Affair activity on the Government Affairs Tab of NARI National website.
Questions? Call (847) 298-9200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a full service remodeler?
Do you support the remodeling industry as a trade contractor or supplier?
Are you looking for a way to set yourself apart from the competition?
If so, then NARI’s Green, CR, CRS, or CRA designation may be for you.
Enroll now and begin your preparation to take the exam on May 17th or 18th and earn your designation as a Certified Remodeler, Certified Remodeler Specialist, or Certified Remodeler Associate.
- NARI Certified Remodelers (CRs) are professional remodelers who provide a full range of remodeling services.
- NARI Certified Remodeler Associates (CRAs) actively support the remodeling industry in professions such as architects, designers, manufacturers, suppliers, and consultants.
- NARI Certified Remodeler Specialists (CRSs) are professional remodelers who focus on a specific type of work and serve the needs of homeowners interested in their area of technical excellence, such as concrete and masonry work, electrical work, insulation, mechanical systems, plumbing systems, and roofing and siding.
READY TO GET STARTED? Click on the links, complete both forms and fax to 847-298-9225, mail to NARI, PO Box 4250, Des Plaines, IL 60016 or email to email@example.com.
NARI Houston is a not-for-profit trade association committed to the professional remodeling industry; representing professional remodeling contractors, product manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, trade and consumer publications, utilities and lending institutions. NARI is the voice of the remodeling industry and an ally to the nation's homeowners. NARI Houston promotes: ethics, education, leadership and innovation so that both industry and community can benefit.
Here at our web site, you'll find information about finding a qualified remodeler, monthly chapter events, a directory of our members, what we're all about, and how you can benefit from becoming a NARI member.
Use our member locator to find a NARI contractor in your area. A professional who is familiar with the building codes in your area will save you money. NARI members must adhere to a strict code of ethics to remain members.
Contact NARI at (800) 611-NARI to obtain a free brochure, “How to Select a Remodeling Professional.